At times, we all could use someone walking along beside us, praying for us, supporting and encouraging us. We want to provide the opportunity for you to do just that! We would love for you to feel free to post your requests on the wall or if you feel more comfortable, you can keep your request confidential and our staff will pray for you. It is privilege for us to support one another during difficult times, and we want to thank those of you who are faithfully praying for others! Remember to share those praises as well!
You may add your prayer request to our prayer wall using the form below. Once your prayer request is received, we will share it according to your instructions. Feel free to submit as many prayer requests as you like!
1. Pray for a cousin of Marilyn Johnson, Vickie Malord, who has pneumonia/Covid. She has asthma as an underlying factor.
2. Linda Montague remains in St. Joseph's Hospital after falling at home and hitting her head over a week ago. Tests are still being run, but she is afraid about how long she will be there.
Received: December 14, 2020
As are many people this time of year the people here at Rocky Creek Retirement Village are not being treated well. I have lived here for going on 20 years. So much has changed and management does not let us in the office & we are ignored mostly. They take rent payments each month of course but just before Thanksgiving the ancient water pipes broke again & for 4 days the water was off & on-/ mostly off. Not one person in management offered us drinking water nor came around to check on us. I am fortunately able to get around but many cannot. I ask for prayers for better care for those who can’t and a restoration of the relationship between residents and management. Thank you
Received: December 6, 2020
1. Isabel Bennett was taken by ambulance to St. Joseph's this morning. Testing will begin. Prayers appreciated.
2. Update on Astyn Blasingame: She is now in a room recovering, able to take some liquids and walk some. Please no calls or cards sent to the hospital. Send mail to her home address instead. Please continue the prayers.
Received: December 5, 2020
1. Astyn Blasingame--no update. St. Joseph Hospital.
2. Linda Montague fell about a week ago and hit her head and is in St. Joe. She has no memory of the incident.
3. The brother-in-law of Nicolas Gonzalez, 34, was found to have a tumor behind his eye that was impairing his vision.
4. My last sister, Janice, was told today that she has Covid. The other three sisters are now immune. Just my brothers and me are the only ones who have not been infected. thank the Lord.
5. Garry Wilder, who as a small child went to our church is in ICU at St. Joseph's.
Thanks for praying.
Received: December 3, 2020
Please pray for Astyn Blasingame who had emergency abdominal surgery today at St. Joe Hospital. She also has atrial fibralation and is in ICU.
Received: November 27, 2020
Please pray for Ron Layton who is in St. Joseph's Hospital with Covid pneumonia and is responding well to treatment.
Thanks for praying.
Received: November 20, 2020
Lynn Hall, my youngest sister, has Covid and is quarantined with her husband. My other sister, Pat Marks, was not well and was on her way to be tested when I called about an hour ago. Prayers appreciated.
Received: November 20, 2020
Prayer Warriors, you can definitely help with these requests!
The Wesley church family is looking for office volunteers right now until Staff and Parish Relations can find a replacement for Dee, who recently retired. We do wish her well and appreciate her many years of service in the church. God bless Dee in her new home in GA!!
In the meantime, Jane Edwards has graciously offered to help on Wednesdays, but she might need a break. Thursdays is open for someone to help out from 10-1.
Please contact Lyn Heinz (813-936-9771) if you can volunteer. We have received many resumes for the position, but would prefer someone with a heart for our Wesley family, plus technology experience. Thank you.
Received: October 14, 2020
Prayer Requests Announced during Sunday's Worship Service on 10/11/2020 -
Mary Hamrick and Sally Fifer are doing well according to the Pastor's announcements this morning.
Pray for Lan Bennett who is in the hospital.
Also for lady in a specialty hospital in Houston because of her difficult pregnancy. She lives in north Florida. Her husband was driving to be with her during the hurricane.
Thanks for your prayers for so many and thanks for the blessings we have.
In His service,
Received: October 12, 2020
From Sue Ann Korsberg - -
My friend Marilyn’s 102 y/o mother has been having breathing problems resulting in decreased activities at home and lead to her being hospitalized. She has since been transferred to a rehabilitation facility in AZ. Being legally blind is making it more stressful as Marilyn can’t visit due to Covid.
I pray for calmness, determination of oxygen needs, progress with therapy and hopefully return home. Also prayers for Marilyn.
Thank you and God bless.......Sue Ann