Dear Wesley Family,
Well coronavirus is upon us and has started affecting our church. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fear is the predominant force surrounding us on all sides and we know fear is not from God. God tells us, “do not be afraid,” so in your home and neighborhood, exhibit the one thing that conquers fear, “love your neighbor;” because, “perfect love casts out fear.”
- We will be livestreaming church starting March 22 and making it a permanent addition to our ministry. All you need to do is join facebook and make Wesley Church your friend. It is as simple as that. God is still alive at Wesley and we will have worship services throughout the crisis. We will livestream the service at 11 am each Sunday, so gather a few friends and worship in your living room and tune into the livecast.
- Our finances are taking a big hit. Clients have cancelled renting the gym, Bridges has been closed and attendance has been down. So please remember Wesley each week. You can mail in your giving or give by text 813-699-4304.
- To help with the finances, leadership has agreed to make interest only payments on the mortgage for the next three months. This will make our payment about half of what it is and will begin April 1. We will revisit this in three months.
- Since the church is going to be closed an extended period of time, we are going to have to furlough non-essential personnel and limit office hours and custodial work. We hope the time away will be short and we can get right back to work for the Lord.
- I will be your pastor through this crisis. I may not be allowed to visit but I am still available. Please call me to let me know if you are needing prayers, having surgery, experiencing grief. Each week I will lift up our prayers during our service. My number is 813-352-3204.
For me this is a part of my current journey to joy, so I close with my key Lenten verse:
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 Be God’s agent of hope you were created to be.
Love in Christ,