The Pack a Sack team gets many questions about current needs, how to help, etc. All great stuff! Here are a few answers:
- We currently deliver 98 bags per week (54) to Dickenson and (44) to Town n’ Country. We pray we can reach more children in need.
- Volunteer opportunities
- Drivers are needed. Deliveries are made on Fridays around 11:30am. If interested contact Shaun Black.
- Pre-assembly and Pre-Packing – teams meet at different times based on schedule and inventory. Pre-assembly teams organize the shelves and food items for the next packing.
- Sign-up for Amazon Smile – Proceeds benefit PAS.
- Food donations are needed year round. A list of needs is located in the copy room (across from the office or just ask Jamie). Just pick up 1 item every time you go to the store – it adds up quickly!
- Become a monthly contributor or corporate sponsor. The monetary need to sustain this program is about $900+/mo. This is why food donations and monetary donations are so important. If your place of business, civic group or school would be willing to do a 1 time donation or food drive, we’d be happy to discuss this opportunity.
- Prayers – We are always grateful for prayers for the PAS children, for donors and for the teachers and administration that help us provide for these children.
Sharing Good News
Two local girl scout troops have chosen Pack a Sack as their “hometown hero” charity. A portion of their proceeds will go to Pack a Sack….we’re also hoping to get some cookies for our bags. STAND BY with more information on how you can order GS cookies from these troops.
A Community Montessori School has decided that our campaign “Kids Helping Kids“ is something they want to do year round, so they are collecting PAS items for the rest of the school year. We have already received 3 large collections from them since November. We are grateful for their help and involvement.
On behalf of all the volunteers – thank you!